Sunday, December 2, 2007

Fall Update I



Happy Thanksgiving! Our families came to visit for thanksgiving...everyone, even Bella, Jennifer and Seth's dog. We ate a lot of turkey, pies, and stuffing...played games...and saw the christmas lights at Opryland Hotel. We also bought a tree and decorated it. Thanks to our families for visiting!



Jr and Lindsay lived with us for a month during October and November while they did a pediatrics rotation at Vanderbilt. It was a lot of fun to have them here and we were recruiting hard for them to come back to stay next year for residency! This is us in front of our carved pumpkins. Chuck's is a skeleton face, Angela's is a spider, Jr's is a tree, and Linday's says "Boo". We had some help from other friends of ours carving the rest of them.


This a picture we took while hiking at Radnor Lake in Nashville. Although we have been busy at work, we have had time to get out and enjoy Nashville and some beautiful scenery. Jr and Lindsay were with us on this hike and it was surprising how far we felt from the city while still being so close. We were lucky to catch the lake on a clear day with the changing of the leaves.

This is a tribute to Zeke Barrier. Zeke died about 2 weeks ago. Many of you had met Zeke and knew how big a part of our family he was. This is the last picture that Chuck took with Zeke. He will be missed dearly.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Usserys said...

I haven't stopped crying since I heard the sad news. I'm so sorry to hear that Zeke died. I loved that little dog like he was my own. I even have my own and don't love him that much. I'm off to cry some more.

Pastor Robbie said...

Wow. I had no idea. The Ewok dog really was an amazing guy. I think he is the only dog that has ever received a card from me, not even my own! My day was going great till I read that post.....